
The foreign ministers of Saudi Arabia and seven other Muslim-majority countries on Sunday condemned Israel’s rejection of a recently unveiled roadmap aimed at fully implementing US President Donald Trump’s plan to end the war in Gaza.
The foreign ministers of Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Pakistan, Indonesia, Türkiye, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates said in a joint statement that they “condemn the declared Israeli rejection of the Road Map” as well as its opposition to Palestinian statehood.
The eight countries warned that Israel’s position could undermine efforts to implement the US-backed plan and derail international efforts to achieve what they described as a just and lasting peace.
Trump’s Gaza Plan
Trump announced last month that progress had been made toward his proposal to end the Gaza conflict. The plan calls for an immediate halt to military operations in the enclave, followed by the disarmament of Hamas, an Israeli military withdrawal and the reconstruction of Gaza under a new civilian Palestinian administration.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has opposed the US proposal despite assurances from Nickolay Mladenov, the Board of Peace’s high representative for Gaza, that Israel would not be required to withdraw its forces from the territory until Hamas had been completely disarmed.
Hamas Sets Conditions for Implementation
Hamas said it had accepted the plan in an effort to prevent the conflict from resuming. However, the group stressed that implementation would depend on Israel fulfilling its own obligations, including withdrawing its forces from Gaza and ending military attacks.
The latest dispute comes as regional and international mediators seek to advance the next stage of the proposed Gaza settlement and prevent the fragile ceasefire from collapsing.








